Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recipe Wednesday!

Weeelll, just in case you didn't know, this country girl can EAT!! However, I am super busy. Between work, the gym, my volunteer efforts, long phone calls with my best friends, and everything in between, I do not have time to cook during the week. Extensive recipes are completed on the weekend.

Today's recipe is simple. I mean, so simple it is done effortlessly. Seriously. Be impressed.

Roasted Carrots

Ingredients:
Baby Carrots
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

I'm telling you folks, it's super easy. So, you take as many baby carrots as you desire and toss them in LIGHTLY in olive oil. This morning I made about a handful of baby carrots and tossed them in about 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. That should be your ratio. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and place the carrots in the baking dish. the  After you have tosssed  and assorted the carrots, season them LIGHTLY with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees F for approximately 25 mins. (Adjust cooking time to suit your taste).

If you desire a sweeter taste, drizzle the carrots with raw honey and place them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment