Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Keep Your Body Strong

HAPPY TUESDAY MY GOOD PEOPLE!!!

"...Lord keep my body strong..." these words were sung by the Bethune-Cookman Chorale on Sunday morning, and  resonated with me something serious. If you have never experienced the Bethune-Cookman Chorale, YouTube them. I mean everytime I hear them my spirit is blessed. I am all about keeping my body strong and healthy. I workout and eat healthy because I feel SOOO much better when I do. Trying to explain a release of healthy endorphines to someone who doesn't workout is like trying give a cat a bath... shit is hard. LOL! On the flip side, you have to give your body ample amounts of rest.

All I could think about yesterday was working out. My plan was to leave work early, workout, and then proceed to job #2. Well, of course I had a HUGE project that was due by close of business and I barely got it done by 4:30 pm. I needed to leave work by 4:00 pm to get my workout in... fail. So, I said "It's fine Heidi. You will just get a late night workout in when you leave HR Block." I was supposed to leave HR Block at 9:00 pm. Yeeeaaa, this girl didn't get off work until 10:30 pm. I was DOG tired. My mind kept telling me I could go to the gym... do something light, but my body was not having it. Plus, I was EXTREMELY sore and tight from Saturday's workout. So, I skipped my workout last night (don't scold me, I already feel bad). I seriously went home, ate, watched Dallas (some DAMN good drama-check it out), and passed out. This morning I woke up feeling revived!!! I instantly thanked God because yesterday was a struggle. So I say all of that to say, make sure your body gets PLENTY of rest. When your body is not well rested it creates this astronomical snow ball effect- you're grumpy, you over eat, you're mind functions and processes at a slower rate. It's just really not a good look. So get some sleep my good people! Turn off your phone and zzzzz it up! :)

This was my view on Friday. Clear, blue skies!
I must share with you my workouts from the weekend! Boy were they some serious workouts. So, Friday afternoon I left work early to catch a good run before the sun went down. The run did a body good! It was sooo refreshing having that good Vitamin D kissing my skin while I ran it out. One great thing about living in Florida, the sun ALWAYS shines!!

Friday's Workout:

3 mile run
Ab Ripper X (This is the P90 X ab workout. You can YouTube Ab Ripper X and find the actual P90X video. It's phenom.)
100 push ups

After my 3 miles. Excuse the pimple. I am trying new face wash. Rrrggh.
I was in a rush because I needed to make it my boss's farewell happy hour. I was 30 mins late (typical Heidi fashion) but I made it aaannndd I only had 2 glasses of red wine! Whoop! Bye bye Shannon! You're the GREATEST supervisor a girl could ask for. I wish you all of the best in the years to come! XOXO!

Saturday's Workout (Go ahead and cry now)
1st Set- Repeat 3 x's
25 incline abs
100 squats

2nd Set- Repeat 3 x's
20 side leg lefts (each side)
100 squats

3rd Set- Repeat 3 x's
15 burpee push ups
12 suspended abs (You literally lay on your back and hold your legs up at bout a 60 degree angle. Hold for 5 seconds, bring your legs back down to starting position, that's one.)

4th Set- Repeat 3 x's
20 walking lunges (40lbs)
20 ab cable pull downs (each side)

5 Set- Repeat 3 x's
12 calf raises (20lbs)
18 hanging leg lifts (Hold on to the pull up bar, bring your knees to your chest. Try to keep your core steady, alternate your knees from side to side. R, L = 1. DO NOT SWING!! It's hella hard, and if this is your first time you should probably have some assistance... I did :))

GRAND FINALE
60 flutter kicks
60 scissor kicks
60 seconds 45 degree angle leg hold.
At this point I was exhausted!!! But my workout partner/trainer always hooks me up with great workouts for the freezy. Although, he said he was going to start charging me if I didn't go harder at the gym! *confused face* Needless to say, I will be going harder. I need my extra income for other things, like purses and shoes! :)

Today's workout is pure cardio!!! I am a cardio junkie, and if I don't get my fix I start having withdrawals. We will for sure get 3 miles but might end up getting 5... who knows what the day will bring! :) ENCOURAGE SOMEONE TODAY!!! It is the least you can do! XOXO!
This kid right here gives me LIFE!!! I've watched this video a million times! ENCOURAGE SOMEONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment