Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brand New Kind of Me

We all travel down the road of life. We take different avenues, travel at different speeds, and utilize different rest stops. But at the end of the day, we are all traveling to a better place trying to be better people. That's the most beautiful thing about life, you can be whoever you want to be... you can go wherever you want to go. Two years ago, June 1st, I made the decision to lose weight. I had no idea this decision would create a brand new me. Alicia Keys has a song off her new album called, "Brand New Kind of Me". The song is PHENOMENAL! Definitely some motivational words. I am not a fan of  "Girl on Fire" but this track has placed me back in Alicia's fan pool! :) (I've linked the video for you, so check it out!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSv1TIa58M

Early morning workout today. RRGGH! I DO NOT like early morning workouts. I am not a morning person and I in NO WAY pretend to be. If it were up to me, the work day would start around 10:00 ish. My nana used to always tell me that I would have to work the night shift whenever I got a job. Unfortunately, night shift is not offered in the legal profession. HA!

Today's Workout:
15 mins on the elliptical
20 Ski Abs (3 Sets)
30 Mountain Climbers (3 Sets)
Leg Raises- Right Side, Left Side 15 each side (3 sets)
Rotating Abs 10 on each side (I use the cable pull machine for this exercise. I set the machine at 15 lbs, arms extended, and rotate my body.)
10 Moving Planks (HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDD)
Stretch and Breathe!

I hope you guys are staying WARM!! It is 58 degrees in Florida. For those of you who live in Florida you know that is FREEZING!!! So cold I busted out the wool skirt and tights today. Brrr. Peace and love guys!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment