Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Detox Determined

I think I shared with you guys on Tuesday that I have started a detox for this new year. Well, allow me to be brutally honest about the detox. THE FIRST 3 DAYS SUCKED!!! Oh my gah! I have never been so hungry and exhausted in my life. The detox is very simple. For seven (7) days you consume nothing but fruits and veggies. Starchy vegetables and carbohydrates are not allowed. No potatoes, turnips (if you're country), bananas, etc. You are allowed to have nuts. However, I am severely allergic. A friend of mine suggested the Larabar, which is organic, for a little substance. Ummm, yea nut filled. I LITERALLY ate a crumb of the apple turnover bar and my ears, throat, and mouth reacted immediately!! I said dang! Good thing I didn't take a bite out of the thing. I did find some Larabars that do not have tree nuts (those are the nuts I am allergic to). They are DELICIOUS!! You have GOT to try them, especially if you have a sweet tooth... pure satisfaction. After day 3 I was energized and feeling muuuch better. I probably lost a total of 7 lbs. However, I was not doing the cleanse for weight loss. I needed to rejuvenate my body. I was feeling sluggish and not motivated to workout. There were some toxins I needed to release. The cleanse definitely helped with that.


Below are only a few of the yum, yum, yummy, yum, yum Larabars! My favorites (and only ones I am not allergic too) are Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie. DE-LISH! Everyone I have recommended the bars to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment