Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year, New You!

So like most of us, I have started the new year off with diet and exercise!! The holidays were detrimental to my midsection. I indulged something crazy... turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes (like with mounds of sugar), cakes, pies, cookies (I have a bit of a sweet tooth), egg nog martinis! There were no reservations this holiday season, trust me.  Amazing food was readily available and this country fried bombshell DID NOT resist. Sometimes you just need a little comfort food and some good cocktails! :)

But as we start the new year I have changed my diet... back to that clean, lean, healthy eating machine. Since my diet has been so horrible these past 2-3 weeks, I have decided to detox this good body of mine. For the next week,  I will consume nothing but fruits, vegetables, and 70+ ounces of water a day. I do drink coffee, but I always have my coffee black. It is prefered that you eat everything raw. However, you are allowed to steam, sautee (light oil), grill, bake, or broil your veggies. Do not over season your veggies, minimal to no salt. I have also joined the 30 Day Cardio Challenge with Mr. Shut Up and Train. The challenge doesn't allow any fried foods, fast food, or alcohol for 30 days! And to that I say, LET THE FUN BEGIN!! Here's to a new, healthy, and fabulous year... country fried of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment