Thursday, February 28, 2013

It was all about the YOGA!!

There was a Power Yoga class today at Winter Garden Yoga. I got a LivingSocial deal-10 yoga classes for $20. It was a steal, so I went for it. Plus, I see a lot of results from yoga. I took at yoga class my final semester in college and LOVED it. I was sore after my first class, and I am convinced it was from stretching muscles I HADN'T stretched in years. I enjoy Power Yoga because it is identical to your traditional yoga class (slow breathing, deep stretches) but at a much faster pace with more intensity. I LOVE it! You get a light sweat and a deep, deep, deep stretch with lots and lots and lots of breath work.  I highly recommend yoga sessions for anyone who likes to "work it out"<--- :-P ;-). Your body gets really tense when being active. The yoga is like your body massaging your muscles. Plus, it is nice to get a light day. :)

What is the saying? "If you want God to laugh, tell him your plan." Power Yoga was my plan HA... yea, this girl forgot her gym bag at home. By the time I remembered, which was at 5:30 pm when I went to my car to get my gym bag, it was too late. I would have had to drive home, change clothes, and then get to Winter Garden 25 minutes away from my house. #epicfail #notgoingtohappen #thisgashasbeenbudgeted. I was so frustrated. I was looking forward to this class. But whatevs. I signed up for another this Saturday morning. I need it! And there are PLENTY of other things on my body that can use a little TLC. LOLOL! #sosincere. 

I cut back on my running because I started to look really skinny and not toned. It wasn't the best look. But, running is my workout vice. I am what they call a "cardio whore." Of all the cardio in the world, I just can't get enough of a good run. Thus far I've gotten 8 miles this week. We will see how the week finishes. Since I have increased my miles, my thighs and hips have become a little tighter. This is normal for me and WHYYYY I wanted to Power Yoga it up today... relieve some tension in these hips, Lord! Anyways, with or without the yoga, my workout was a success. I moved some things around and maximized my time at the gym today, which was great. The earlier you can get out of the gym the better. Seriously. 

Today's Workout
2 mile run
Ab Ripper X

1st Circuit
Seated Row 70 lbs
Push Ups
Decline Abs

2nd Circuit
Standing Dumbbell Military Press
Arm Lifts (LOL! I am laughing because I have no idea what this exercise is called. I used 10 lbs weights. Ten pounds in each hand, you lift your arms horizontally to shoulder height, and bring back down. That is one. 
Lying Leg Lifts (R, L)

3rd Circuit
Dumbbell Curls 20 lbs
Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks 10 lbs
60 Second Plank

Each circuit was completed 3 times, and depending on the exercise, they were completed 8-15 times per circuit. I wasn't going to do the abs, but I reminded myself that I WANT a 6 pack. In case you didn't know, Heidi Mae usually gets what she wants. :-P

Speaking of ABS!!!

*AB ALERT! AB ALERT! AB ALERT! AB ALERT*

This is a progress report. I can def see more definition! So, I can't lose the faith! :)
 -PS excuse my dirty mirror. It's pretty ridiculous!



Soooo befitting!!!!!!!! This... THIS!! This, is what I am going for!! Whoooo!!!! #hotlikefiyah
Tomorrow is a new day, and I PRAY that God allows us all to be a witness. Amen! Stay strong good people! XOXOOX!

2 comments:

  1. Heidi you look awesome !!!! Love the blog!!!!

    Oyewo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you E!! I really appreciate it! XOXO!

      Delete