Monday, June 3, 2013

26 and Slick Fit!!

OMG! I have celebrated my birthday and celebrated my birthday... I really and truly cannot handle another birthday celebration! I have eaten non stop since Memorial Day Weekend. I am pretty sure I have gained the 3 inches lost from my waist. It really is a sad day.

I didn't workout ANY while on vacation. I went to Atlanta to spend time with my very best friend; and let me tell you, we kicked it. Our only "must" for the entire weekend was to have fun and eat good. Boy did we do both. In our defense, we did have a few healthy meals... that were cancelled out by amazing cocktails and late night munchies. LOL! Any woman reading this blog knows that a few thousand calories and extra carbs mean NOTHING when in the midst of a great girls' weekend. My time with my best friend is always fabulous and priceless!

I returned Monday night, skipped my Tuesday workout, and hit the ground running (literally) on Wednesday. Wednesday, May 29, was my actual birthday. I treated myself with an early morning run... best gift evveer. Later that night, I had Hibachi, Cheesecake Factory (just desert), and a little hookah. The run meant nothing. LOL! I was so tired from Wednesday night that I needed to rest on Thursday. So, I did. Oooh, but boot camp was calling my name on Friday. I am usually pretty legit at boot camp. Not to toot my own horn,  but I am one of the fittest in the class. There is a girl that definitely has me beat, but in my mind I beat her EVERYTIME she sets foot in my boot camp class. She is undeniably my motivation. Other fit bodies motivate me. I hate to feel defeated in anything.... ANYTHING. Boot camp is definitely not a competition, but I make it a competition and nobody can hit a burpee better than this girl. Whoop!

Saturday morning was boot camp all over again... for 2 hours. My boot camps are HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). You sweat, you can't breathe, and you lift... TRX ropes, jump ropes, squats, sprints, core and more core... all of the high intensity cardio you hate, wrapped up in a cute little box, and sold to you as an unstoppable fat burning formula. IDK how much more fat I burn doing boot camp vs any other workout I enjoy, but I can tell you I feel GREAT when I finish boot camp. When I don't workout at higher level of intensity, I feel like crap. I am tired and grumpy. For me, a mediocre workout just doesn't do it anymore. If I every muscle in my body is not burning, I am not satisfied. Simple as that! I convinced my workout partner to come and try boot camp. She hates it, but she loves it. She calls me crazy bitch because my workouts are ridiculous. What do you want me to say?? Mediocrity does not yield greatness.

This is random, but in case you guys didn't know these boot camp classes are SUPER expensive!! Like, why though?? Ugh. So, I have been getting my boot camp classes from Groupon and LivingSocial. I just finished my Groupon at Orlando's Fit Body Boot Camp, and now I will move on to the Jungle MMA and Fitness. I am terribly excited about the Jungle's boot camp. The gym is known for its MMA training. My boy asked me to not go Kimbo... just might! LOL! First boot camp at the Jungle is tomorrow. I have 3 months of unlimited classes and gym access. You know this rat is going to be all over that!! Yitadee!!

I want to give a big shout out to all of my WONDERFUL friends and family who made my birthday sooo special! Extra special shout out to Mrs. Hope and my Florida family for giving me such an awesome birthday finale! I love all of you so very much... and even though my tumbleweed couldn't make the celebration, you were there in spirit!

My Grizzlies got swept... WOMP!!! WTH Grizz, ugh. Still a fan though!

There will be an update on the new boot camp so stay tuned! Love you all!! XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment