Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ooohh Texas!

Good morning good people!! I bring you greetings from the dusty ass city of El Paso, TX! I am here on vacation with my uncle, my grandmother, and little cousins. I have literally done nothing but workout and eat healthy since I got here. Today, I will try a crossfit gym that is like 2.5 miles from the house. They offer an all women's class. I figured I could try the women's class and asess myself. The class will help me warm up to the gym and determine if I am ready to tackle other classes. Luckily for me, they have a free, one week membership! That's all I need honey! I am ghost on the 5th, boo boo! I will run there, workout, and run back home.

So, let me tell ya'll about this trail run yesterday. SMH! My uncle is in the military and runs almost everyday. So, I knew to ask him for some good running routes. Well, to my surprise he tells me there is a running trail right at the end of his subdivision. He then proceeds to tell me that the trail is safe and I will be fine running alone in the early morning.  I asked him about the conditions of the trail- bumpy, crowded, narrow,  these are all things a runner wants to know because you have to get yourself mentally prepared for a new route... well, at least I know I do. I need to know where I am going and what to expect. Have you ever been on a route and have to use the bathroom?? In that instance, it would help if you knew where the restrooms were on your route. Anywho, after I inquire about the road conditions my uncle asks one question, "Are your shoes new?" Of course not. They are worn and tattered. I actually need some new gym shoes. It's bad. He asked if my shoes were new because the trail is dirt!!!! YESSSS!! DIRT! Okay, I love to workout and sweat and all that jazz, but I HATE getting dirty. *gags* So, I mentally prepared myself for this dirt filled adventure, laced up my old ass sneaks, tuned in to some Chicago radio (best music), and started out on my run!

The path is really shaded and wide enough for 4 people to run side by side. There is also a coming and a going path. It really is a great trail... except for all of this damn dirt and dust. OMG!! THEN, to top it off, I went the opposite way my uncle normally runs. This is fine, the trails are all safe. However, my over zealous ass chooses to run right beside a damn cow pasture. RRRGGGH! Shit was in my nose the entire run! Talk about mind over matter, good Lord.

I ran early morning so the temp wasn't too bad and it was still cool out. One good thing about El Paso is that it is in a valley and doesn't get as hot as it could. But don't be fooled, the high for today is 105! The air is extremely thin! This is a huge adjustment for me seeing as the Florida air is so thick and muggy. My nose and eyes were on fire. I was literally crying by the end of my route. I have no idea how and/or why that happened (I should google it). By the time I was done with my run, I could feel the dust in between my toes. Yes, through my shoes and my socks and straight to my feet. My uncle is EXTREMELY OCD so I didn't even attempt to bring my shoes in the house... they are still sitting on the front porch LOL!

I totally miss my MMA fam in Orlando! Really and truly one of the only reasons I look forward to getting back... that and my job. So sad, I know. Get a life Heidi Mae!! HA! I have a life... ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!! HAHAHHA! Awful!

I will probably post everyday for the next week. Wait, wait, wait, I forgot we are taking road trips. So, I won't be posting everyday this week. However, I will post a lot within the next week and a half. Oh and someone please come and get this bottle of wine. It is going to be my downfall yet!! HA!

Love you all bunches! Stay positive and focused. Remember that everything in life has a time. There is a time to plant and a time to reap, a time to plan and a time to execute. My beautiful cousin shared Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 with me last night. It spoke in volumes to me. You might want this or that and maybe you have become frustrated because you have been unable to attain exactly what you want. But don't be discouraged, this just simply might not be your season. God will give you what you NEED and prepare you for what is to come. Patience IS a virtue. Here's to a healthy you spiritually, physically, emotionally and financially. The world is a war, but God's got your back! XOXOXOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment