Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

There are SO many amazing women,  turned mothers, who have made this world a better place! I hope all of you had a splendid Mother's Day, and I pray that life celebrates you every day of the year.


I know people always think their monkey is the smartest, but my monkey (my mom) is so great! I don't just say that because she is my mom, I say that because I've seen her in action. She ALWAYS has a smile on her face and will help anyone in need. Her spirit is so gentle and kind. If she does not like you, you will know and probably understand why. She's honest, sincere, compassionate, intuitive... everything a woman could need in a mother. When I thought of how great she is as a mother, it also crossed my mind that she is an AWESOME daughter. I always try to be the best daughter I can be for both of my parents. I see my mom be an outstanding daughter for her mother every day. There isn't anything she wouldn't do for her mother. I guess it's kind of hard not to follow in her footsteps. :)

People ask how my mom and I are so close, and I mean really I don't know... it just happened. The only explanation I have is that God is all knowing. He knew Tracy Lynn was/is the BEST mother for me! She's perfect! If I can be just a fraction of the woman she is, I will be satisfied. The older I get, the more I notice the sacrifices my friends make for their children (which is extremely admirable friends with babies :)) and I think of ALLLL of the sacrifices my mom has made and continues to make for me. Moms have so much love for their children there isn't very much they wouldn't do for the rascals. While the notion is scary, I hope to share this same unconditional love with my little ones. :) In the meantime, we are going to keep working on these abs and biceps! Whoop!

This is my FAVORITE picture of my mom and I. We have never really looked a lot alike (although some people argue we do). I look just like my dad and his family. But in this picture we resemble... it makes me excited!! Her teeth are better  than mine, but her teeth are better than a lot of people's so whatever. Ahaha! Love you sooo much momma bear!!



Biiiigg shout out to those Memphis Grizzlies this weekend! That was a CLOSE game, but as you know, the Bluff City don't bluff! Boo Boo! #gritgrind


No comments:

Post a Comment