Monday, June 17, 2013

The Struggle Is Real

IDK if you guys have heard anyone say, "The struggle is real..." but my friends and I use it a lot when we reference something that causes self struggle. <--- IDK if "self struggle" is a word, but go with it. So, the one thing I struggle with right now is my freaking diet! O M G! The things I ate a year ago that helped me lose weight, now make my stomach bloat. It doesn't help that my 26 year old metabolism has decided to slow down. Whew! But we in there... tweaking this diet on the regular.

I have been on this quest for abs for about 6 months now. HA! My downfall is not my workout. I can workout all day everyday. My downfall is my diet. I have THE worst sweet tooth known to man. I eat a lot of granola and cereal bars to help satisfy my sweet tooth. Well guess what, too many freaking carbs for abs. They aren't bad for you, but they are horrible for the look I want to achieve. I swear to you guys, the healthier you get, the harder it is to maintain. I want serious cuts all over my body. Guess what that means? NO FREAKING YOGURT!! Whhaat?? Yes! No yogurt. Apparently the dairy limits your cut. Ugh! Favorite snack: Chobani Pineapple Greek Yogurt. Womp. I had to get sunflower seeds that have no salt. NO SALT PEOPLE!! Ugh! I am going to adjust and take it from there. Yesterday I actually packed my food. I knew I was going to be away from home for some time (got my hair braided), so I packed my meals. This helped a lot. Although, it is extremely awkward preparing food you brought at someone else's house. THEN people get offended when you don't eat their food. I swear it is not you... it's me. I am trying to grow baby abs. My boss told me to look at it as though I am trying to grow a child. Well, I of course don't want my kid to die. So baby abs must get all of the food and nutrition needed. The biggest challenge is going to be my two week vacation. I fly to El Paso, TX with my grandmother in exactly one week. If  I can stick to the plan of growing baby abs while in Texas then I am golden!!

Tonight is JungleFit at the MMA Fighting Gym I joined! Those classes are AMAZING!! Any workout that leaves me sore is a fave!

Short post, I know. But I will be back with more... don't you worry! Until next time, peace and blessings good people! XO!

2 comments:

  1. Pineapple Chiobani is my fave too! I have one once a day with blue berries and strawberries on the side lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sooo incredibly good, Leigh!! I like the mango one too. Pineapple is DEF my fave though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete