Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where have you been Heidi T.?

I know, I know, I know!! I have been missing in action!!! I could give you a laundry list of why I have been so distant, but that really isn't important at this point. What IS important is the fact that I am back and more focused than ever!! I have some goals that I have set out to achieve. I recently got a personal trainer. People always say, "Why did you get a personal trainer? You don't need a personal trainer!" But what people fail to realize is, working out is extremely hard. The more often you train, the harder it becomes! Seriously. It gets harder physically and mentally.

So, I have gotten a personal trainer. His name is Quincy "Hercules" Young. He is an Olympic Athlete and All American Athlete. He recently moved to Orlando from Atlanta (I think) and is trying to grow his clientele. Well, I can tell you one thing, he has definitely gained a client with me.

On Friday, April 26, 2013 I had my fit test with Quincy. It was just a fit test, and I thought I was going to die. This man had me run at an incline of 5 speed of 9 for 10 seconds and then at an incline of 15 speed of 4.1 for 5 seconds. We did this drill  for about 8 or 9 minutes. MY LUNGS WERE ON FIRE!!! SMH. Mind you, this is just the fit test.

The second day I trained with him (following Saturday) he had me do these things called "Hebrew Slaves"... you can only imagine! Those things are hard!! I really and truly felt like a Hebrew slave. Side bar- slaves may have been, physically, the strongest people to ever walk this earth. I mean I was doing Hebrew Slaves in an air conditioned gym and felt like Sparta! <--- (someone I know just busted out laughing at this reference.) After my strength training, Mr. Hercules made me run 4 miles. Yes, I said 4.

Sunday was challenging. He told me that leg day was so hard it would be best if we did it in a group. I was down for that.  I do not mind group sessions. The leg session was a beast!! So thankful I had people who died with me on Sunday. But after my workout on Sunday, I had so much freaking energy. I couldn't sit down! Usually if I workout early morning, I will get in an afternoon nap. Sunday I didn't even need a nap. It was actually pretty cool.

I meet with my personal trainer on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. These are the hardest days for me to workout. During the week I don't necessarily have a problem. During the week working out is just a part of my routine. However, when the weekend comes who wants to be on a routine?? You have barely 2 days of freedom the mention of routine makes you want to gag. So, I have agreed with Mr. Hercules that I will do early morning, weekend workouts! During the week he has me doing a lot of cardio and strength training after I have exhausted myself with the cardio. I did sign up for the 30 Cardio Challenge with Mr. Shut Up and Train. This will be a nice addition to my existing routine.

The bday (BIG 26) is in a month (May 29th if you want to get me a gift :)). This year for the bday my stomach, arms, and legs will all be exposed and TONED!! You really don't want none! #bowbowbow!

Congratulations to the GRIZZLIES!! Never doubt the home team babay!!!

See you guys soon!! Stay on the lookout for new routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment