Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Munchie Maniac!

I eat a lot of food! One because I workout a lot and my metabolism is constantly going. Two, because there is a fat girl inside of me that I just cannot kill!! Mane *in my Memphis voice* SHE EATS EVERYTHING!! I call her Hilda. LOL! Fat ass. But I've out smarted Hilda. Her cookie is now a soft-bake cereal bar made by Kashi! Delicious! Dark chocolate... dark chocolate and Hilda have never been better friends. I spent the last two weeks winging myself off of processed sugars. I've had birthday parties, a BEAUTIFUL wedding, and a holiday (Easter) all within the last two months. All of which involved processed sugars and carbs. My taste buds literally became addicted. I was craving. So, I cut myself off cold turkey. I always do this. Eat what I want and then stop. I guess this is good if you are simply considering will power. However, if you are considering moderation... I suck. LOL! Moderation?? When it comes to food?? First two words in the title of this blog are country and fried. Nothing country fried is done so moderately. Tell somebody from the country to moderately fry some chicken....moderately fry chicken, that just sounds stupid! Haha!

So, as we attempt to lay Hilda to rest we keep in mind our new (yet old and reoccurring) diet/lifestyle. No cookies or ice cream for Hilda. No pies, biscuits, cornbread, fried catfish... none of that. The idea is to make my body function at it's best on a high protein, low carb, and low fat diet. This is going to be extremely challenging, but I promise to keep you guys posted. Oh, and a friend suggested I have one cheat day a week. *looks from side to side* This goes back to the whole moderation thing. Yea... about that... We will see. I don't know if I have enough will power to allow myself one cheat day and then force myself back into the strict routine, but we will see.

Today's Eats:

Breakfast
Bowl of oatmeal
2 whole eggs and 1 egg white

Lunch
Salad w/ salsa <-- I use salsa as dressing, less fat.
Chicken breast

Snack
Oikos Greek Yogurt-- My dearest told me that  I should try Oikos Greek instead of Chobani. Me being the Chobani fan that I am,  I was a little hesitant. But the Oikos is good and it has zero grams of fat. We like zero grams of fat.

Dinner
Baked Salmon
Steamed broccoli
(I haven't had dinner, but this is definitely what I am having tonight!)

Ahhh! The trainer has killed me two weekends in a row. OMG!! I promise to get before and after pictures soon... well before pictures because after hasn't happened. :)

Thanks for staying tuned to the blog guys!! Love you all!! XOXO!

GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment