Monday, September 16, 2013

I Had To Do It!

I have been saying for the longest that I am going to make some granola bars. Well, I finally did it!! OMG!! And why did I do it?? I could seriously eat the entire pan!! They are SO delicious! Shoutout to my friend Renee for putting me on! I had no idea they were going to change my life. LOL! Mmmm!

Recipe:


Ingredients
  • 1 cup craisins, raisins, or dates (optional)
  • 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips (optional)
  • 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or agave 
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (peanuts, almond, walnuts, or a mix)
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not the instant)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • a couple sprinkles of cinnamon or any other spice you want to you

Instructions
  1. Put dry ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix (oats, nuts, craisins, dark chocolate)
  2. Warm honey and peanut butter in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix until dry mix is coated
  3. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8 dish or other small pan lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily. (A loaf pan might work, but will yield thicker bars.)
  4. Bake in the oven on 325 for 20-30 minutes depending how chewy or crunchy you want them to be (more time for more crunch)
  5. Remove bars from pan, let cool off, and cut into 10 even bars. Wrap each bar in saran wrap and store in an airtight container for up to a few days. You can also put them in the freezer if you don't plan to eat the entire batch.

I didn't use the craisins; and instead of the suggested nuts, I used sunflower seeds!

You should totally try this recipe! I can't even explain. Now, excuse me while I go have ANOTHER granola bar! *giggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment