Sunday, February 2, 2014

Heidi, Where Art Thou?

I have been so MIA from my blog. Life has gotten the best of me. I recently found new motivation in my workout routine by joining a new gym.

The crossfit class offered at the MMA gym posed a few injuries for my body. While the workouts were intense and full of varied (as I like), the coach was inconsistent and not as knowledgeable as I would have liked. So, I decided to cancel my membership. I miss the box and the folks I got insane with, but I refuse to become bowed and broken while attempting to be in the best shape possible. I know there will be pains for the gains, but I am unwilling to have pains in my knees and back. If either of them were to out, I would be done training.

The sportsplex I joined is awesome! They have the bootcamp style classes I love, a total conditioning sports class, yoga, aquatics, etc. It is the official training gym for the Orlando Magic.Please do not judge this gym based on the performance of the Orlando Magic. It is evident, a team is not always reflective of its training facility.

I've taken some time off from intense diet and exercise. With my travels during the month of January and trying to find a new gym home, I haven't been as dedicated as I should've been. But I am back and more determined than ever. Tomorrow is my first day as an official member, working out at the RDV (that's the new sportsplex). I will be sure to let you guys and girls know how it goes.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment